The Things Network Hackaton Copenaghen
Virt-EU will take part to the 1st Hackathon organized by The Things Network Copenaghen.
The hackathon and workshop is the first meeting of the emerging TTN community in Copenhagen and Denmark.
It is for those who would like to gain hands-on experience with LoRaWan and The Things Network – learn how to build and test gateways and sensor nodes. However, there will also be plenty of room for those who primarily want to learn about approaches to IoT networking, applications, use-cases, and the various possibilities around The Things Network and its alternatives.
What’s The Things Network?
The Things Network is a global community of 15363 people over 84 countries building a global Internet of Things data network. IT uses a long range and low power radio frequency protocol called LoRaWAN and for short range Bluetooth 4.2. The technology allows for things to talk to the internet without 3G or WiFi. So no WiFi codes and no mobile subscriptions.
- 13.00 Welcome and registration
- 13.30 DesignLab - Workshop "Build your own gateway" - with Christian Breinholt, Mathies Herskind, Sebastian Büttrich
- 14.30 LoRaWan & The Things Network in Education - with Valeria Borsotti, Owen Brotherhood
- 15.30 IoT for Urban Gardens - with Byhaven 2200, Bioteket TBC
- 16.30 Organicity project - Citizen Science w/ the Alexandra Institute - with Lasse Steenbock Vestergaard
All afternoon/evening: possibility to present your own projects, a.o. PITLab Student Projects, gateways, applications, etc
Thursday, 1 June, 2017 - 13:00
Thursday, 1 June, 2017 - 20:00